#EUvsVirus – the official EU Hackathon for coronavirus challenge
09 April 2020
The European Commission launched EUvsVirus, a pan-European non-profit online hackathon on 24, 25 and 26 April to connect civil society, innovators, partners and buyers across Europe to develop innovative solutions to overcome coronavirus-related challenges.
Universities are invited to join by:
- Spreading the word and promoting the #EUvsVirus initiative (and its results) across Europe through established communication channels to ensure projects fit the needs of their audience.
- Identifying mentors that might help teams to brainstorm ideas and advise them on the challenges and the solution.
- Identifying jury members to decide on the winners on the hackathon.
- Contributing with perks to the projects participating in and/or winning the hackathon (e.g. funding, sponsorship, scholarships, etc.) to foster timely and mass adoption of promising solutions.
- Other support that may help have high societal impact.
The #EuvsVirus hackathon, officially endorsed by the Council as one of the 10 specific actions commonly agreed to address COVID crisis together, aims at gathering 60.000 people to collaborate to bring their solutions to the next level and in a tight time.