Dialogue: Enhancing international competitiveness of universities - a European perspective, 21 June, Paris
29 May 2019
As higher education becomes increasingly global and competitive, an ever-greater focus is being placed on international rankings, research collaborations, institutional networks and alliances, and the mobility of students and faculty.
As universities across Europe develop their international approaches, this seminar will encourage reflection, share experiences and build connections with some of the most influential Higher Education personages. Key topics for discussion will be:
- What opportunities and challenges do global higher education trends present for institutions?
- How are institutions evolving networks, associations and alliances to increase competitivity?
- How do institutions develop their internationalisation approaches?
- Influential figures in higher education will lead and stimulate discussion through panel discussions.
- 09.30 – 10.00: Arrival and welcome words
- 10.00 - 10.15: Welcome words
- 10.15-11.00: Scene setting : Internationalisation - a story of metrics and rankings?
- 11.00 - 12.30 : Panel discussion 1: Increasing universities' international footprints - the policy perspective
- 13.00 - 14.30 : Lunch
- 14.00 – 14.40: Reflection and welcome back
- 14.40 - 16.10 : Panel discussion 2: Developing networks and alliances - the European sector perspective
- 16.10 - 17.30 : Panel discussion 3: Implementing an internationalisation strategy - practical answers
- 17.30 - 17.45 : Closing words
- 18.00 - 19.00 : Cocktail
This is a closed event. If you want to find out more about the event, please visit the British Council website, or contact email@example.com