Call for hosts: EUA Annual Conference in 2025 and 2026
EUA Annual Conference and General Assembly
The Annual Conference is EUA’s flagship event for European university leaders. Each year, the Annual Conference is hosted by one of our member universities and provides an unrivalled opportunity to join discussions on prominent topics in higher education, shape EUA’s policy work at European level and network with high-level colleagues from across Europe. In addition, the Annual Conference is combined with EUA’s yearly General Assembly, where the Association’s members are involved in key management and strategy decisions.
Period: early to mid-April
Event days: Thursday and Friday, with statutory and pre-conference meetings on Wednesday
Expected attendance: 400-450
This call is open to EUA member universities that are located in the EHEA and able to offer:
- An easily accessible location from across Europe (international air and train travel hub);
- Plenary and breakout rooms equipped with audio-visual equipment (including for hybrid and recorded sessions);
- Stable Wi-Fi network
- Function areas for registration, catering and exhibition;
- Hotels, preferably within walking distance of the event venue;
- Local transport, if necessary;
- Venues for social programme (e.g. reception, dinner).
As well as:
- Technical support during the event;
- Support staff for the preparation and the duration of the event;
- Student helpers during the event;
- Capacity to handle online registration payments.
If you wish to apply, please take note of the following points:
- Only applications submitted by EUA member universities will be considered. Applications sent by convention bureaus or conference centres will not be considered.
- The Annual Conference is preferably held on the premises of the host university.
- EUA takes into account geographical balance, as well as ease of access, in deciding upon the location of its events.
Guidelines with the specific requirements and division of responsibilities are available via the button above. The deadline for submission of full bids is 15 December 2023.