Call for applications for the European Commission’s expert group on the Economic and Societal Impact of Research and Innovation
08 September 2023
The European Commission has published a call for applications for its newly-established expert group on the economic and social impact of research and innovation (ESIR3).
Building on the work of its predecessor, ESIR2, the purpose of this group is to deliver analysis, insight and recommendations for the further elaboration of policies that can enhance the contribution of research and innovation to the overall EU policy agenda.
The group will consist of up to 16 members appointed in a personal capacity for a 2-year term.
The Commission will take the following criteria into account when assessing applications:
- international recognition for the depth, reliability, and originality of experts’ thinking in research and innovation, including non-technological innovation, related to the tasks of the group;
- demonstrated practical experience in designing, managing, and implementing research and innovation policies in public or private entities;
- proven track-record of policy analysis and publications in relevant field(s);
- confirmed advisory capacity on a European or international level;
- absence of circumstances that could give rise to a conflict of interest;
- good knowledge of the English language allowing active participation in the discussions.
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2023, 12:00 CET.