On 27 April 2022, the EUA Council approved the applications of seven new members, a change in membership status for one existing member, and three affiliates. With the addition of a member from San Marino, the European University Association now represents universities from all 49 European Higher Education Area countries.
The Association is pleased to welcome the following institutions as individual full members:
- University of Georgia (Georgia)
- University of Hohenheim (Germany)
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Greece)
- University of the Republic of San Marino (San Marino)
- Aston University (United Kingdom)
- University of Essex (United Kingdom)
The application of the University of Nicosia (Cyprus) to become an individual full member, having previously held individual associate membership, was also approved by the EUA Council.
The Association is pleased to welcome the following institution as individual associate member:
- University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini”
Finally, the Association has also welcomed three new affiliates:
- European Universities in Egypt (Egypt)
- Mediterranean College (Greece)
- Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (Malta)
EUA offers four different membership categories. Members benefit from a unique network and have access to a wealth of knowledge that contributes to universities’ development.