The Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin) organises the interactive workshop “Blue Engineering - Engineers with social and ecological responsibility” on 27 January from 14:00 to 15:30 CET. Participation is free of charge and registrations are open until 25 January by email.
The course is a version in English of the Digital Blue Engineering course’s starters kit, which focuses on ecological and social responsibility. The course creates an inclusive and open learning environment which offers a refreshing alternative to teacher-centred instruction.
In times of digital university, it enables the students to network beyond their university and even beyond national borders while exchanging ideas and getting ready to act. The course concept is already implemented at seven universities in Germany and reaches every semester over 250 students.
1) Teaching Responsibility in Engineering - Dean of Studies Prof. Dr.-Ing. Henning Meyer, Faculty V Transportation and Machine Systems, TU Berlin.
2) General Course Concept - Blue Engineering
3) Digital Starter Kit - first-hand experience of interactive teaching/learning unit
5) Implementation and Evaluation of the Blue Engineering Course at nine universities
6) Transferability and Implementation at Other Universities -Discussion