Call for Host: EQAF 2025 and EQAF 2026
The European University Association is inviting applications from member universities to host the European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF) in 2025 and 2026.
Since 2006, the European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF), organised by EUA, ENQA, EURASHE and ESU, has become the premier event for quality assurance in Europe. As the largest annual gathering of the European higher education quality assurance community, EQAF provides a platform for discussion, professional development and exchange of experiences among the main stakeholders in this field, including representatives from higher education institutions and quality assurance agencies, students, researchers and policy makers.
We are looking for EUA member universities to help us continue to make EQAF a memorable experience for a large number of stakeholders, while gaining visibility for their own institution. Joint bids between universities and members of the other organising associations are strongly encouraged.
Period: mid to late November
Event days: from Thursday afternoon to Saturday noon
Expected attendance: 450-500
Host must be an EUA member located in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and able to offer:
- An easily accessible location from across Europe (international air and train travel hub);
- 1 plenary room with a capacity of 500-550 persons;
- 3 parallel plenary rooms with a capacity of 150-200 people each, close to the plenary room;
- 10 breakout rooms with a capacity of 40-80 persons each, close to the plenary room (some rooms must have moveable tables and chairs);
- 1 meeting room to accommodate the Programme Committee and EUA secretariat (15 persons);
- All rooms equipped with audio-visual equipment, and sound system/microphones, if needed;
- Registration desk and cloakroom in the entrance area of the venue;
- Catering area with a capacity of 500 persons for the networking reception, coffee breaks and lunches;
- Support staff for the preparation and the duration of the Forum;
- Technical support during the Forum:
- Facilities for streaming;
- Video recording;
- Online speakers;
- Hybrid event (online and onsite participants);
- Student helpers during the Forum;
- A venue for the optional Forum dinner that can accommodate 250 persons, preferably close to the Forum venue;
- Hotels, preferably within walking distance of the Forum venue;
- Stable Wi-Fi network, capable of handling 500 simultaneous logins;
- Capacity to collect registration fees through online payments or through bank transfer.
The deadline for submission of bids for these events is 26 January 2024.