Recording of the webinar is available on the EUA YouTube Channel.
Doctoral education is at the forefront for the future of research, but how does its current landscape look like today in Europe?
A new survey report from the European University Association under the title “Doctoral education in Europe today: approaches and institutional structures” addresses this question by presenting the results of a Europe-wider survey in which more than 300 Universities have provided information about how the doctoral education is organised today, what their strategic priorities are and how they see the doctoral candidate of tomorrow.
Welcome by Moderator
- Lidia Borrell-Damian, EUA Director for Research and Innovation
The methodological approach
- Marco Seeber, Postdoctoral researcher at CHEGG, Ghent University
- Freek Van Deynze, Doctoral candidate at CHEGG, Ghent University
Presentation of the main results of the study
- Alexander Hasgall, Head of EUA-CDE
What are the lessons learned from the survey and its main conclusions?
- Luke Georghiou, Chair EUA-CDE Steering Committee